Pages

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Loving the Early Childhood drop off

It is so easy to forget how sweet and innocent the 4s and 5s are.  Just now at drop off, I reminded my youngest, The Wolfman's Brother, to enjoy his day in preschool as a four year old.  He looked at me with that creeping 5 year old just around the corner look of, "c'mon, mama, don't embarras me now." How does he know that already?

The early years slip away too fast.  Like Ferris said, if we don't stop to look around every once in a while, we could miss it.

My 4 year old will soon be 5, and that babyness (yep, he is the youngest, which compounds this burst of sentimentality) is quickly melting away.  It is so bittersweet.  What could be better than a morning of duplos followed by starting a school garden?

Gotta eat it up while I can.

1 comment:

Ashira said...

More!!! More!!! Have another little Loony-Steiny kid! I treasure each day with Nesya and also celebrate with bittersweet tears of joy as I watch her mature into a beautiful young lady. I notice each milestone she wanders beyond. She's no longer in Toddler clothing, she's in the section of 4-6x. Her shoes are no longer toddler sizes, they are little girl sizes. I don't carry a big bounty of snacks on the go or schlep a big bag with changes of clothes. She no longer rides in a stroller. I don't buy diagpers or wipes anymore either. No middle of the night wakings. No carrying her, no more of her saying "uppie Mommy".

The list goes on. With all of her passing stages, she enters new and wonderful places that I also take note of. New gestures, new words and comments, new likes and dislikes.

It is truly a blessing to have a child. I thank Hashem every moment for giving me this gift!

Ashira

Post a Comment