Pages

Thursday, July 26, 2012

Purple is a True Color

My ideas and thoughts are numerous and the desire to connect all of the technicolor is often overwhelming.  Is life better in black and white?  I am not sure.  But sepia does have that nostalgic feeling that we all love.

Last weekend my new friend Holly, at our shabbes lunch table, shared her explanation as to why the color purple is so powerful:  It contains red and blue which is both hot and cold.  It is the perfect blend.  It is the perfect color.  The perfect stuff is my own addition.  Holly's simple and eloquent explanation resonated with me.

If only the daily grind of life could be that perfect blend of blue and red.

I was thinking of my childhood friend MiktheFish who loves purple.  And my friend the PurpleGirl who loves purple.  And Adam Purple, the famous squatter featured in a 1972 issue of National Geographic.  And of Prince and Purple Rain.  And of all the great people who are drawn to purple.    Of course the film The Color Purple and the book on which it was based  (oh, the Israel politics in that link...I am so saddened to learn that Alice Walker believes that Israel is an apartheid state and won't issue a copy of that book in Hebrew.  It goes so much deeper than that.  Zionism is not Racism, doesn't the world get that already?).  Yeah, I didn't forget the Purple People Eater.  What do you think I am, a bad egg?  Not me...I am neither the type to scream out "I want it now" (Veruca), nor am I the type to say, "can it, you nit!" but Violet was.  And Violet Beauregard also loved purple.

Thank God for trusty spin class, where I heard a souped-up spin-worthy version of the tune below.

Thanks, Cyndi.

Note that her hair has a purple sheen.

No comments:

Post a Comment