Pages

Friday, October 26, 2012

Plucked an eyelash from a very unsuspecting place

Due to youthful genes, physical signs of aging have alluded me until very recently.  Until a few months ago when I started conveniently ignoring the eyelash that started to grow from the inner corner of my eye.  You know that place, the place where all the crusty stuff gathers.  But in my aging body, an eyelash decided to grow there.  Every time I looked at it I would say to myself, "say it ain't so!"  But, so it is, and I took out my super duty pointy tweezers, risked poking myself in the eye, and plucked that sucker out.  Good thing my hands are steady.  For now.  Who knows, as I get older maybe I'll develop parkinsonian (PD) tendencies and get the shakes.  Or maybe more eyelashes will grow in more unsuspecting spots.  Or my eyesight will, god forbid, get worse and I won't even be able to see that close up.

I guess it could be a lot worse.  A lot.  At least I have discovered threading.  Now *that* is a godsend!

And so, dear, friends, this reminds me about the crux of it all...if we can't physically be youthful, we can surely embody it in spirit.  The Nunever said to me recently that I am 40 going on 14.  I'll take it!

Naturally I turn to my favorite band which, as the PurpleGirl said in recent memory, makes her feel young when she listens to them.  Couldn't agree more.

"All my vasoconstrictors, they come slowly undone.
Can't this wait 'till I'm old, can't I live while I'm young?"

Click on 1:55 to get to that very youth-inspiring lyric and most excellent energy. 


Good Shabbes!  Lech lecha on tap.

No comments:

Post a Comment