Pages

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Hot Dogs and Led Zeppelin

My first grader, aka The Wolfman's Brother, came home last week talking about how the boys in class have a special nickname for each other, but that it's private and he couldn't tell me more.  I managed to listen carefully enough to learn that boys are called hot dogs and girls are called hamburgers.  When asked the reasoning behind these nicknames, in all the sweet innocence he is, The Wolfman's Brother just said, "I don't know." Awww.

Also last week, my brother, Uncle Goalie, recommended Led Zeppelin's "Hot Dog" from In Through the Out Door as a good idea for spin class.  The Goalie is right...Kashmir might not have enough BPMs.  Yes, I know what BPMs are*.  Do you?

Now that spring is here, it's almost summer, which means hot dog season.






Just don't eat too many.
Nitrates and nitrites are no good for any of us.
Even if it says all natural on the package, just remember they are fooling you.

*of course I didn't until it was pointed out to me!  Now that I do, naturally I feel pretty ignorant since I claim to like music.

No comments:

Post a Comment