Pages

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Felt down so I did a little home improvement

Ever suspicious of my own writing, it felt pretty bad when I received negative feedback from a magazine editor on a piece I submitted recently.  That feeling of inadequacy settles in pretty quick, especially since it feeds on my own insecurity.  Let's face it:  only my friends and family are reading this rag, and my writing is sub par!

So I turned my energy towards repurposing some gorgeous satin ribbon I bought a number of years ago.  I spent about $16 on the project.  Originally I used the ribbon to make a ribbon-wand that I saw in a boutique toy store.  But then a kid stepped on the ribbons and it pulled off the wand.  Glue guns only go so far.  I saved the ribbon for about 3 years.  Since I am majorly purging, the timing was right.

I came up with this:

a little bit of cheer lifts me from an ego-crush

No comments:

Post a Comment