Pages

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Goldiggers Jeans

Finally this commercial surfaced!  I had these and loved the little "gold" nuggets as the zipper pulls.  What kind of message this sent to us little girls I can only start to analyze now...

Anyway check out the girl twirling her baton in the beginning.  I had one of those I got as a party favor at my friend Nicole's sleepover party in 3rd grade.  These girls are exactly my age.  True nostalgia...




Any girl who had these in the late 70s and early 80s will surely love seeing this commercial again.  I remember the logo for the brand now that I am seeing it.  Apparantly the brand Jet Set was also a big jean company, but I don't remember that.  I just wanted Goldiggers like my friend Nicole had, and eventually I got them.  Thanks, Mom and Dad!

1 comment:

Commenter Abbi said...

What cracks me up is that they filmed this in Central Park- the offices of the company were probably in the garment district and they were probably like "Hey, let's just film this uptown in Central Park".

Another thing- great jingle! There are no jingles in American advertising anymore. Just licensed pop songs. I think this is a lost art in the English language and American culture. Israel is still very big on custom jingles. Nearly every radio commercial still has one.

Post a Comment