Pages

Friday, January 6, 2012

Why it is important to remember a person's name.

Our new cleaning help has an unsual name and I am having a hard time remembering it.  Her name is spelled Atysha and pronounced "Ah-tee-sha."  For a week or so I thought it was "Akysha."  I also lost her phone number numerous times.  Call me a busy mama of 3, which is what I am.

Earlier today I picked up my kinderlach (Concealed Light, the Wolfman, and The Wolfman's Brother) at school and decided to finally be a bit more friendly than I had in the past with the new security guard.  After all, the school encouraged all of the phamilies to do so.  I am proud of their school for implementing a more rigorous security system.

So, I finally decided, what they heck, ask the young man his name.  It was Tevin.  Ok, easy enough to remember as I knew one Tevin growing up.

And now to the connectivity.

When Atysha told me her name later in the day, I tried explaining to her that I can easily remember her name now because she has a "T" in it and that Tevin starts with a T and both of these name-recall incidents happened on the same day.

I think I lost her.

She offered a simpler, more eloquent tool:  think of her name Atysha as rhyming with "teacher".

 I am looking forward to having Atysha here and hope she will do a great job helping me keep our home in order.

No comments:

Post a Comment