Pages

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Positive Vibrations...Jah Love, Protect Us

What with all these Bob Marley references the past week, ya'd think that I was fully into reggae.  Au contrare, my friend.  I really don't know too much about reggae.  That would be my sister Reba's department.  But, as you know, I love Pandora, and when I listen to the Grateful Dead channel, I get a lot of good reggae mixed in there.  Go figure.

And in case you didn't know, when he sings Jah Love, it is the same exact thing as Yah Love.  And if you are about Ahavat Yisrael, you know that the all-loving God (Jah or Yah, depending if you are Jamaican or Jewish or Jehovah's Witness or Some Other) is universal.  Jews:  apologies if you were offended that I didn't write that as YKVK, G-d, G!d, or any incarnation thereof.  Just not my thang.  See, I will do it again.  God.  So there (sticking my tongue out).  Remember that tune from last summer that I blogged about, Ya'alili?  Same message, same deal.  Different language, different culture, different hair style, different accent.

But we's all da same breathing human beings!






I am all about the positive energy, and Bob puts it out there in the best way possible.

Just one small quotation from "Positive Vibrations":

If you get down and you quarrel everyday,
You're saying prayers to the devils, I say.  Wo-oh-ooh!
Why not help one another on the way?
Make it much easier.  (Just a little bit easier).


No comments:

Post a Comment