Pages

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Jerusalem City of Gold: It Is For the Best

"Just nod if you can hear me"  -Pink Floyd

Click to 23:51 on the below video or even this link   for a 1994 Phish performance of Yerushalayim Shel Zahav.  Phish mavens really ate up that one in the 90s whenever they played this old school Israeli song written by Naomi Shemer.  Those days are over, but we can always listen and remember.  And think towards what could be in the future.




Thank you to Phish.net for debuting this video this week.  Quite an intricate jam, though I don't expect most of you to listen to the whole thing.

As far as I know, Phish has never played a show in Israel.  I think they should.

This child might be grown, but the dream is never gone.




"If you will it, it is no dream."  -Theodor Herzl

I try to maintain optimism, but if a show in Israel never happens, I will keep in mind the following:

"When a person knows that everything that happens to him is for the best, this is a taste of the world to come."  -R' Nachman of Breslov

2 comments:

Blogger said...

Your blog provides us very great information. Its really very helpful to me.
Diamond District New York

rachel molly said...

glad you are enjoying it, please feel free to share this info with your friends!

Post a Comment