Pages

Friday, May 27, 2016

Just Relax, You're Doing Fine

Had an unfortunate interpersonal fail today which ended up working out.   But it took a while.  It was energy-draining.  Also I am sleep-deprived.  And very busy with many things to do in life.  Grateful for my health, home and family above all.

Still, I found great solace in Strange Design.  As is often the case with so many Phish songs, I find tremendous goodness in their lyrics and music.   This time was no different.

Here's a beautiful rendition.  I was there at my first New Year's Eve shows in 1995.




Strange Design

I'm needing less restraint before
I'm needing to hit the lights and close the door
I'm fine, I'm fine
Cause I'm...

(chorus)

Dripping in this strange design
None is yours and far less mine
Hold the wheel, read the sign
Keep the tires off the line
Just relax, you're doing fine
Swimming in this real thing I call life

Can I bring a few companions on this ride?

I'm feeling, my heart's not beating anymore
I'm feeling.  It's alright, this happened once before
I'm fine, I'm fine.
Cause I'm...


No comments:

Post a Comment