Pages

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Cleaning house

Further to my recent entry on Feng Shui, I am finally able to part with some items from 1st and 2nd grade (late 1970s).




The first are the remnants of my Hello Kitty address book.

My childhood friends in 2nd or 3rd grade.  I only hope that Concealed Light will have really great friends, too. 



My brother's work.  Let's just call him The Goalie





In 2nd grade we did an imaginary trip to Australia with Mrs. Burn.  

We made Koalas stuffed with popcorn kernels.  We cut out the fabric and sewed the koalas.  I remember looking through the travel brochures about Australia and all the kids laughing when we got to the photos of the nude tribal people.  Things were looser back then.









Koala Feeding Instructions





The Koala just hanging out in its box





Here is the Koala, whom I have had since 1980.


Now it's time to say goodbye to my Koala.  He's had a good run.




This is all about tossing away the stuff you don't need in the end, keeping what's important and knowing who is your friend   (go to 2:52)


Purge!

1 comment:

Rachel R from 82 Farms Road said...

Thanks for keeping this for so long.

Here is my Bashert moment and you made it happen!

We had professional development at school today and were asked to reflect on a favorite school memory. I, of course, talked about my 2nd grade trip to Australia, my Bon Voyage Party, and my hand sewn brown, stuffed kangaroo… and then I get home, and open your memory box with your brown, stuffed koala and its story from our second grade.

Now, that’s a WOW. And meant to be.

Post a Comment