Pages

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

A Mom's Cleanup is a Neverending Story

Just now as I was tucking in the kinderlach, I finally got around to weeding out some of the summer and fall clothes that I inevitably leave lingering in the drawers just in case we get one of those random warm nights in the winter.  Or for that one time we go to the JCC pool, I have not just one but two bathing suits in the drawers.  And rash guards.  Like they're gonna get sunburns indoors in December.  At least I don't have swim diapers hanging around anymore.  Guests who need a diaper because they forgot one?  Sh*t outta luck, pun intended.

All of my mama friends agree that with children, the clothing situation is never-ending.  The switch of seasons.  The new shoes.  The growing kids.  The mismatched socks.  The laundry to be done.  The laundry to be put away.  The missing slipper that you just located behind the other child's bed.  The raincoat.  The winter coat.  The fleece.  The hoody that is too tight.  The dress that bubbe bought that Concealed Light insists on wearing despite being a size too big.  The hangers falling off the closet rod because she is too lazy to get a stepstool to reach.  The ponytail holders that end up all over the house.  And, of course, the clothing left behind on the floor.

But this is all for good reason.

Thank God, my children are healthy.  That is truly the part that matters the most, and I should feel blessed that I have such things to deal with.  I have three healthy children who are fun, engaging, musical, and avid readers.  I need to remind myself that these are all good things and the clothing pile-up is something that all families (usually the moms) need to conquer.

And now, one of Reba Magdalene's favorites.  This was on cable ad naseum and is apropos to this message.


 

 And now I have to get up to the attic to put away the old stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment