Pages

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Mama Tip #5: Buy Laundry Detergent When it is On Sale at the Grocery Store or Pharmacy

I admit I love the convenience of Costco just like anyone else, and I have gotten used to purchasing my laundry detergent there.

But like my mom has always told me, buying Arm & Hammer detergent when on sale for $1.99 per bottle is the best buy out there.

Easy for you to say, mom, since you are in the suburbs.
Not so easy for the urban mama.

on sale at $1.99 per 50 ounces, this is the best buy for  laundry detergent!



If Tide Ultra at Costco is $14.29 for 50 ounces, who cares if what is on sale is not the same brand!  This is a no-brainer, and one need not be so brand-loyal when it comes to laundry detergent.

Plus, due to skin sensitivities, we only use Fragrance Free.

Yes, you can and should use Fragrance Free for babies.
Forget about Dreft (I know, you like the smell, but it isn't good for the baby's skin.  Trust me).

So, if you find yourself in the suburbs, get to an A&P or SuperFresh or Waldbaum's or Food Emporium where you might find, as I did, a great deal.

Limit of 3.

I think I will go back tomorrow for some more Via Roma Marinara sauce and get more detergent.


1 comment:

chana said...

i hate the smell of dreft! i didnt use it with zachary and it was nice not to feel queasy every time i did his laundry. btw, great blog! i'm making pesach this year. the only other time i did it was in new haven 9 months preggo with akiva. please post tips, recipes etc! i know you have them!

Post a Comment