Pages

Friday, January 20, 2012

My-Not-So-Random Connection to Tara Stiles, My Favorite Yoga Teacher

A few months ago, I decided to stop simply thinking about yoga and start doing it.

So, I went to the Kripalu website, hoping to find some good yoga YouTube videos.  Without rhyme or reason, I clicked on a couple of their graduates' profiles.  At the 3rd click, I got to Tara Stiles.  I never heard of her.  Something drew me to her name specifically.  I don't believe it was random.

Tara's outlook and style speaks to me.  Her whole lifestyle is yoga.  She recently YouTube blogged about eating salad for breakfast.  Not such a novel idea, but coming from her lips it sounded magical and attainable.  She has a great YouTube on doing yoga in bed right as you're waking up.  Of course, normally I stretch anyway in the morning, but she showed me how to take it to the next level.  Her videos are not just instructional, but also entertaining with her dry-wit sense of humor.  I love how she starts off her videos with the following standard phrase, "Hey guys, how are you, I'm Tara Stiles."  Totally chill.

She is Deepak Chopra's yoga teacher and also the proprietor of Strala Yoga in Manhattan.

Looks like she's doing a new series for LIVESTRONG Woman.



there is a YouTube video here, so if you are reading this as an email feed, you might not be able to see it.  click through to the website www.wholephamily.com and you can see the video link.



Since I have no current plans to visit Strala Yoga, I continue to rely on her most excellent YouTube channel.

Thanks, Tara!

No comments:

Post a Comment